- Minebea Mitsumi is currently not a buy at 1,620 yen per share (5/9/2017 closing), but would be a compelling investment as 715 yen per share.
- Key driver for Minebea Mitsumi is its Machine Component segment, particularly its industry-leading miniature ball bearing business.
- Minebea Mitsumi’s investor sentiment is likely driven by explosive revenue growth in smart phone LED backlight business (50% CAGR between 2013-2016).
- Key near-term drivers are: consistent performance in Machine Components, technological tail-end profits from smart phone LED backlights, and healthy Nintendo Switch sales.
- Minebea Mitsumi was recently formed through the merger of Minebea and Mitsumi Electric.