- Over the past decade, inventory levels have greatly increased, resulting in a drag in capital efficiency.
- Investing in Takisawa at today’s price entails betting on management to quickly improve operational efficiency while assuming higher capital spending in the automotive industry.
- Overall, Takisawa is technologically competent, but with a few operational problems. With all the pros and cons in mind, Takisawa Machine Tool is worth considering at 114 Yen per share (vs. today’s 177 yen per share).
Continue reading “6121: Takisawa Machine Tool”
- Minebea Mitsumi is currently not a buy at 1,620 yen per share (5/9/2017 closing), but would be a compelling investment as 715 yen per share.
- Key driver for Minebea Mitsumi is its Machine Component segment, particularly its industry-leading miniature ball bearing business.
- Minebea Mitsumi’s investor sentiment is likely driven by explosive revenue growth in smart phone LED backlight business (50% CAGR between 2013-2016).
- Key near-term drivers are: consistent performance in Machine Components, technological tail-end profits from smart phone LED backlights, and healthy Nintendo Switch sales.
- Minebea Mitsumi was recently formed through the merger of Minebea and Mitsumi Electric.
Continue reading “6479: Minebea Mitsumi”