- New tire manufacturers (mostly from China) have taken significant market share from the low to mid tier tire markets over the past 10 years.
- Yokohama is expanding into industrial tires, increasing production capacity, and focusing on OE business to fend off the new and strengthening competitors.
- Overall, Yokohama’s financials are healthy and business performance is decent (10-Year average ROE roughly 9%).
- However, shares are not particularly cheap or expensive at today’s 1,974 yen per share price.
- Yokohama will look more interesting at 1,400 yen per share.