- Profitable net net with $300mm USD market cap and manageable liquidity.
- 1/5 of shares in treasury and consistent dividend.
- Forecasted IRR at time of writing of 21% over 3 years with 9000Y target price.
Continue reading “Net Net Deep Value Play Benefiting From Governance Reform – Ohmoto Gumi (TSE: 1793)”
- Many investors looking into Japan focus on net-net screens, but probably want more.
- There is a lot of free valuable information packed into Japanese filings if you know where to look: One is foreign ownership data.
- With foreign ownership data, you can get a feel for how familiar other foreign investors are with a Japanese company’s story.
Continue reading “One Quick Way To Gauge Your Next Japanese Investment”
- Leading industrial robotics giant Fanuc (TSE: 6954) recently acquired Life Robotics with hopes to expand its addressable market.
- The acquisition is uncharacteristic of an internally-focused Fanuc, but so are several of the company’s other strategic initiatives.
- With Fanuc’s openness to partnerships with leaders in other domains, the next 20 years of Fanuc’s developments is unlikely to resemble the last 20.
Continue reading “Life Robotics Acquisition Just Fanuc’s Latest Step Out Of Its Comfort Zone”
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (TSE: 7011) has faced strong headwinds in recent years.
- Like many of the Japanese Keiretsus (business groups), the Mitsubishi Keiretsu has been known to help one another out during difficult times.
- It seems the Keiretsu structure is changing as Mitsubishi Heavy didn’t get the helping hand it was looking for.
Continue reading “Keiretsu Safe Haven Fading For Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (TSE: 7011)”
- Frozen food is here to stay, and there are several ways to look at this.
- Today, we will take a quick look at 3 Japanese refrigeration equipment companies.
- One traded at negative EV just a short year ago.
Continue reading “List: 3 Japanese Refrigeration Companies To Look At For Frozen Food”
- Kenkyo Premium Membership is live now.
- Service offering includes: Kenkyo Japan Newsletter (monthly), Premium articles, and Member forum.
- Premium article posting will start in February 2018.
Continue reading “Announcement: Kenkyo Premium Membership Site Is Live Now”
- A new hotel brand under major travel agency HIS (TSE: 9603) is eyeing rapid expansion over the next 5 years.
- Dubbed the “strange” hotel, Henn na Hotel is operated by robots and employs less labor compared to peers.
- Parent company HIS plans on taking a similar approach to its Dutch-inspired theme park.
Continue reading “Expanding Japanese Hotel Concept Employs 60+% Less Labor”
- My recent trips to several food processing plants in China and Japan has triggered a few thoughts about the food industry.
- Frozen food quality is improving. This is likely to drive change in how the industry operates.
- Investors ought to not only pay attention to frozen food companies, but also companies impacted by frozen food (like distributors).
Continue reading “The Future Of Food”
- Quick update on my trip to Fukuoka.
- New and improved Google Sheet for Global Stocks!
- With the functions explained in this article, you can import various data from various sites.
Continue reading “Google Sheets For Global Stocks (Version 3)”
- In continuation from last week’s difficult-to-access Sapporo Securities Exchange article, here is a list of 26 companies exclusively listed on the Fukuoka Stock Exchange.
- Fukuoka, the home to Japan’s 4th largest metropolitan area, is a thriving business center in the Kyushu region.
- The Fukuoka Stock Exchange list contains several interesting companies like fish feed maker Higashimaru (FSE: 2058) and packing material makers Ohishi Sangyo (FSE: 3943) and Maruto Sangyo (FSE: 7894).
Continue reading “26 Companies Exclusively Listed On The Fukuoka Stock Exchange”