- I had the opportunity to spend a whole week with a Japanese executive chef.
- Through his work and careful explanation, the chef shared insights on thriving in the food industry.
- The chef’s approach largely incorporated the concept of intrinsic value, a core concept used in value investing.
Continue reading “Progress, Not Perfection – Lessons From A Japanese Executive Chef”
If you get this post in an email, please ignore. I’m testing something on Kenkyo and I’m not an IT guy… so things aren’t always smooth sailing with web stuff!
- Nitori (TYO: 9843) has delivered outstanding performance with a lovable story.
- Going above and beyond with its “high quality, affordable products” branding, Nitori is Japan’s most loved furniture brand.
- At 20x EV/EBIT, however, a considerable level of growth is already priced in. I’ll take another look if share price gets below 10,000 yen vs. today’s 16 ~ 17,000 yen.
Continue reading “Idea: Japan’s American-inspired IKEA competitor going global – Nitori Holdings (TYO: 9843)”
- A little bit of a delay, but the payment portal, newsletter page, and newsletter sample are live now.
- One minor change: Newsletters will be issued at the end of each month.
Continue reading “Announcement: Newsletter Page Is Live Now”
- Japanese construction companies flood value-focused quantitative screens.
- Japanese construction doesn’t necessarily transfer well in other regions.
- My avoidance of Japanese construction is simply a decision heuristic, not a suggestion that everybody should avoid Japanese construction.
Continue reading “Why I Don’t Invest In Japanese Construction”
- First Kenkyo newsletter will be issued on October 16th, 2017.
- Sample newsletter issue, newsletter description page, and payment portal will go live on October 9th, 2017.
- Minor content changes coming up with newsletter launch.
Continue reading “Announcement: Newsletter Launch + Content Changes”
- Weathernews is one of the world’s largest private weather data service.
- After its start in Ocean route planning, Weathernews now offers consulting and data services to airlines, railroads, TV stations, consumers, and many other areas.
- Leveraging its healthy ROIC performance, Weathernews is exploring different avenues for market and service offering expansion.
Continue reading “Idea: Consistent 60+% Greenblatt ROIC For… Weather Data? – Weathernews (TYO: 4825)”
- Capcom (TYO: 9697) is just getting started with digital distribution.
- With strong Intellectual Property (IP) like Street Fighter and Resident Evil, Capcom is well grounded.
- If you missed the Activision and/or Electronic Arts digital distribution wave, you might want to consider looking at Capcom.
Continue reading “Idea: An Alternative To Activision Or Electronic Arts – Capcom (TYO: 9697)”
- People Co (TYO: 7865) is a toy company that consistently pays out nearly 100% of its income.
- Company strategy is similar to Apple & Keyence (TYO: 6861), focusing on design and outsourcing manufacturing.
- Explosive US growth provides larger non-Japanese revenue exposure.
Continue reading “Idea: 100% Payout Ratio And Still Growing? – TYO: 7865 People Co”
- Nihon Decoluxe’s (NGO: 7950) story is profitable, but as boring as it gets.
- Revenues have only slightly increased over the past 10 years while EBIT delivered 20% CAGR.
- At 0.37x EV/EBIT and a 3.5+% dividend yield, it’s hard to go wrong with Nihon Decoluxe.
Continue reading “Quick Idea: 101% NCAV With 3.5+% Dividend Yield On Consistent Performance – Nihon Decoluxe (NGO: 7950)”