- Major drug store operator Welcia (TYO: 3141) is becoming Japan’s neighborhood pharmacy.
- In doing so, the company directly competes with the convenience industry.
- Welcia maintains a strong position against the giants in convenience, thanks to Aeon’s (TYO: 8267) backing.
- With its 18x EV/EBIT price tag and many moving parts, Welcia does not present a compelling investment opportunity.
- Investors ought to look at pharmacy and drug store related industries for opportunities.
Continue reading “Poking The Convenience Giants – Welcia Holdings (TYO: 3141)”
- Oisix Daichi (TYO: 3182) holds a 30% share in a highly niche-y organic vegetable delivery industry in Japan.
- The company is the result of a recent merger between Oisix and Daichi, the #2 and #3 players in the organic vegetable delivery industry.
- With large companies entering the market, competitive pressures are on the rise. The CEO, however, thinks this is a good thing.
Continue reading “Quick Idea: Japan’s Blue Apron Making Moves To Corner The Market – Oisix Daichi (TYO: 3182)”