- Cosmos Pharmaceuticals (TYO: 3349) operates drug stores with a Walmart and 7-Eleven-like strategy, delivering industry leading growth (20% 10 year EBIT CAGR) over the past decade.
- The company’s larger than normal stores target small areas and resembles a neighborhood supermarket.
- At 18x EV/EBIT, Cosmos is a high quality business trading at an even higher price.
Continue reading “20% EBIT CAGR With A Walmart Twist – TYO: 3349 Cosmos Pharmaceuticals”
- Drug stores are entering convenience territory, offering goods typically available at convenience stores.
- Convenience chains are fighting back by slowly working into the more regulated OTC drug market, mostly through partnerships with drug and pharmacy chains.
- The distinguishing characteristics of the convenience, drug store, and pharmacy industry are less apparent now.
Continue reading “Drug Stores Inconveniencing 7-Eleven”
- Nitori (TYO: 9843) has delivered outstanding performance with a lovable story.
- Going above and beyond with its “high quality, affordable products” branding, Nitori is Japan’s most loved furniture brand.
- At 20x EV/EBIT, however, a considerable level of growth is already priced in. I’ll take another look if share price gets below 10,000 yen vs. today’s 16 ~ 17,000 yen.
Continue reading “Idea: Japan’s American-inspired IKEA competitor going global – Nitori Holdings (TYO: 9843)”
- Weathernews is one of the world’s largest private weather data service.
- After its start in Ocean route planning, Weathernews now offers consulting and data services to airlines, railroads, TV stations, consumers, and many other areas.
- Leveraging its healthy ROIC performance, Weathernews is exploring different avenues for market and service offering expansion.
Continue reading “Idea: Consistent 60+% Greenblatt ROIC For… Weather Data? – Weathernews (TYO: 4825)”
- Capcom (TYO: 9697) is just getting started with digital distribution.
- With strong Intellectual Property (IP) like Street Fighter and Resident Evil, Capcom is well grounded.
- If you missed the Activision and/or Electronic Arts digital distribution wave, you might want to consider looking at Capcom.
Continue reading “Idea: An Alternative To Activision Or Electronic Arts – Capcom (TYO: 9697)”
- People Co (TYO: 7865) is a toy company that consistently pays out nearly 100% of its income.
- Company strategy is similar to Apple & Keyence (TYO: 6861), focusing on design and outsourcing manufacturing.
- Explosive US growth provides larger non-Japanese revenue exposure.
Continue reading “Idea: 100% Payout Ratio And Still Growing? – TYO: 7865 People Co”
- Nihon Decoluxe’s (NGO: 7950) story is profitable, but as boring as it gets.
- Revenues have only slightly increased over the past 10 years while EBIT delivered 20% CAGR.
- At 0.37x EV/EBIT and a 3.5+% dividend yield, it’s hard to go wrong with Nihon Decoluxe.
Continue reading “Quick Idea: 101% NCAV With 3.5+% Dividend Yield On Consistent Performance – Nihon Decoluxe (NGO: 7950)”
- Japan’s top condom maker, Okamoto (TYO: 5122) is about more than just condoms.
- Okamoto’s active share buybacks that precede Japan’s push for corporate governance reform is particularly encouraging.
- Thanks in part to the buybacks, per share metrics look appealing with 10-year revenue CAGR of 3% and EBIT CAGR of 20%.
Continue reading “Japan’s Leading Condom Manufacturer Protects Other Things Too – Okamoto (TYO: 5122)”
- Oisix Daichi (TYO: 3182) holds a 30% share in a highly niche-y organic vegetable delivery industry in Japan.
- The company is the result of a recent merger between Oisix and Daichi, the #2 and #3 players in the organic vegetable delivery industry.
- With large companies entering the market, competitive pressures are on the rise. The CEO, however, thinks this is a good thing.
Continue reading “Quick Idea: Japan’s Blue Apron Making Moves To Corner The Market – Oisix Daichi (TYO: 3182)”