- Weathernews is one of the world’s largest private weather data service.
- After its start in Ocean route planning, Weathernews now offers consulting and data services to airlines, railroads, TV stations, consumers, and many other areas.
- Leveraging its healthy ROIC performance, Weathernews is exploring different avenues for market and service offering expansion.
Continue reading “Idea: Consistent 60+% Greenblatt ROIC For… Weather Data? – Weathernews (TYO: 4825)”
- Capcom (TYO: 9697) is just getting started with digital distribution.
- With strong Intellectual Property (IP) like Street Fighter and Resident Evil, Capcom is well grounded.
- If you missed the Activision and/or Electronic Arts digital distribution wave, you might want to consider looking at Capcom.
Continue reading “Idea: An Alternative To Activision Or Electronic Arts – Capcom (TYO: 9697)”
- People Co (TYO: 7865) is a toy company that consistently pays out nearly 100% of its income.
- Company strategy is similar to Apple & Keyence (TYO: 6861), focusing on design and outsourcing manufacturing.
- Explosive US growth provides larger non-Japanese revenue exposure.
Continue reading “Idea: 100% Payout Ratio And Still Growing? – TYO: 7865 People Co”
- Nihon Decoluxe’s (NGO: 7950) story is profitable, but as boring as it gets.
- Revenues have only slightly increased over the past 10 years while EBIT delivered 20% CAGR.
- At 0.37x EV/EBIT and a 3.5+% dividend yield, it’s hard to go wrong with Nihon Decoluxe.
Continue reading “Quick Idea: 101% NCAV With 3.5+% Dividend Yield On Consistent Performance – Nihon Decoluxe (NGO: 7950)”
- Japan’s top condom maker, Okamoto (TYO: 5122) is about more than just condoms.
- Okamoto’s active share buybacks that precede Japan’s push for corporate governance reform is particularly encouraging.
- Thanks in part to the buybacks, per share metrics look appealing with 10-year revenue CAGR of 3% and EBIT CAGR of 20%.
Continue reading “Japan’s Leading Condom Manufacturer Protects Other Things Too – Okamoto (TYO: 5122)”
- Oisix Daichi (TYO: 3182) holds a 30% share in a highly niche-y organic vegetable delivery industry in Japan.
- The company is the result of a recent merger between Oisix and Daichi, the #2 and #3 players in the organic vegetable delivery industry.
- With large companies entering the market, competitive pressures are on the rise. The CEO, however, thinks this is a good thing.
Continue reading “Quick Idea: Japan’s Blue Apron Making Moves To Corner The Market – Oisix Daichi (TYO: 3182)”
- Rinnai (TYO: 5947) leads the Japanese water heater market with a 40% market share.
- However, Rinnai’s Japan share is not the story. Growth outside of Japan has rapidly gained traction over the past few years – particularly in China and the US.
- As infrastructure in ASEAN countries develop, we can expect Rinnai’s ASEAN revenues to grow as well.
Continue reading “Quick Idea: Japan’s Leading Tankless Water Heater Company With Growth In China & USA – Rinnai (TYO: 5947)”
- Suzumo Machinery (6405) is well established in a niche sushi machine industry, holding 90% market share globally.
- Top-line CAGR of 8.7% in the past 9 years, with particularly strong growth in Europe and N. America.
- Run up in stock price over the past year probably puts Suzumo at fair value today, but further reading on the sushi market is necessary in order to have an educated discussion about continued growth.
Continue reading “Quick Idea: Sushi Machine Maker With No Formidable Competitor – Suzumo Machinery (TYO: 6405)”
- Shoei has a 50% global share in premium motorcycle helmets.
- Made in Japan focus makes the company sensitive to currency fluctuations.
- Key growth areas are in China/SE Asia and US.
Continue reading “Idea: 50% Global Share In Premium Motorcycle Helmets – Shoei (TYO: 7839)”
- First world Asian countries are not particularly crazy about pets.
- That said, more Japanese pets are getting their insurance cards.
- Anicom holds a 60% market share in a Japanese pet insurance industry that’s seen double digit growth over the past several years (at least).
Continue reading “Idea: 60% market share in high growth Japan pet insurance industry – Anicom Holdings (TYO: 8715)”