- My recent trips to several food processing plants in China and Japan has triggered a few thoughts about the food industry.
- Frozen food quality is improving. This is likely to drive change in how the industry operates.
- Investors ought to not only pay attention to frozen food companies, but also companies impacted by frozen food (like distributors).
Continue reading “The Future Of Food”
- Drug stores are entering convenience territory, offering goods typically available at convenience stores.
- Convenience chains are fighting back by slowly working into the more regulated OTC drug market, mostly through partnerships with drug and pharmacy chains.
- The distinguishing characteristics of the convenience, drug store, and pharmacy industry are less apparent now.
Continue reading “Drug Stores Inconveniencing 7-Eleven”
- Oisix Daichi (TYO: 3182) holds a 30% share in a highly niche-y organic vegetable delivery industry in Japan.
- The company is the result of a recent merger between Oisix and Daichi, the #2 and #3 players in the organic vegetable delivery industry.
- With large companies entering the market, competitive pressures are on the rise. The CEO, however, thinks this is a good thing.
Continue reading “Quick Idea: Japan’s Blue Apron Making Moves To Corner The Market – Oisix Daichi (TYO: 3182)”