- Major drug store operator Welcia (TYO: 3141) is becoming Japan’s neighborhood pharmacy.
- In doing so, the company directly competes with the convenience industry.
- Welcia maintains a strong position against the giants in convenience, thanks to Aeon’s (TYO: 8267) backing.
- With its 18x EV/EBIT price tag and many moving parts, Welcia does not present a compelling investment opportunity.
- Investors ought to look at pharmacy and drug store related industries for opportunities.
Continue reading “Poking The Convenience Giants – Welcia Holdings (TYO: 3141)”
- Drug stores are entering convenience territory, offering goods typically available at convenience stores.
- Convenience chains are fighting back by slowly working into the more regulated OTC drug market, mostly through partnerships with drug and pharmacy chains.
- The distinguishing characteristics of the convenience, drug store, and pharmacy industry are less apparent now.
Continue reading “Drug Stores Inconveniencing 7-Eleven”